Prashant Kesharvani is an assistant professor at Centre for Undergraduate Studies, Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Guwahati Off Campus. He did his master degree in Psychology with specialisation in social psychology from University of Allahabad and Ph.D. in Social Sciences of Health from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. His PhD work attempts to understand role of social capital for public health. He was also recipient of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Doctoral Scholarship. Prior to joining TISS, he worked as a research consultant at Department of Communication Research, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
His area of interest is ‘Interface of Social Sciences with Public Health’, ‘Technology and Human Behaviour’, ‘Public Mental Health’, ‘Social Capital’, ‘Group Psychology’ and ‘Health Communication’.
He teaches psychology, bio-statistics and epidemiology, public health and quantitative research methodology to undergraduate and post graduate students.
List of Publications
➢ Bamezai, G.; Kesharvani, P.; Yumnam, B., Goswami, S., Pradhan, A.; Roy, A.; & Ambade, B. N. (2011). Impact of Internet on Changing Patterns of Newspaper Access and News-reading Habits in India. Media Asia, 38 (2), 110-121. ISSN- 0129-6612.
➢ Kesharvani, P and Sarathy, K (2020). Living in a Protracted Conflict Area: Mental Health Burden of Women in Manipur, India. Psychological Studies. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12646-020-00581-9. Electronic ISSN: 0974-9861 and Print ISSN 0033-2968.
➢ Sarathy, K and Kesharvani, P. (2020). Caregiving in the Context of Protracted Conflict in Manipur, India: Understanding the Strains, Pains, and Gains. In Asok K Sarkar and Shubhrangshu Dhar (Eds.), Contextualizing Peace: Experiences of Contemporary India and Neighbouring Countries. New Delhi: Manak Publications Pvt. Ltd.
➢ Kesharvani, P. and Sarathy, K. (2016). Mental Health Services in Protracted Conflict Area of Manipur, India: Understanding the Challenges for Policy Makers. 2nd International Conference on Public Health, Vol. 2, 2016, pp. 52-59. ISSN: 2324-6735.
Other Publication (Research Reports)
• Evaluation of Multimedia Campaign of National AIDS Control Organisation. (Research report submitted to NACO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, GOI.)
• Newspaper in the Age of Internet: Current Trends and What Lies in the future. (Research report submitted to RRTD, Ministry of I & B, GOI.)
• Impact Assessment of DFP’s programme for improving Mother and Child Health. (Research report submitted to Directorate of Field Publicity, Ministry of I & B, GOI.).
• Evaluation of Media-based Promotional Programmes for Naxal Management in LWE Affected Areas. (Research report submitted to Naxal Management Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI.).
• Role of Public Information campaigns (PIC) in Promoting Flag ship programmes. (Research report submitted to Ministry of I & B, GOI.).
• Status of Mental Health and Psychosocial Well-Being in a Protracted Armed Conflict Zone: with Special Reference to Thoubal and Chandel Districts of Manipur, India, Actionaid Associates, Guwahati.
• What Works for Whom and How: Understanding Programme Implementation for Education, Health, and Child Protection in Ongoing Conflict Area of Kokrajhar, Assam. Sponsoring Agency: Terres Des Homes
• Psycho-Social Need Assessment of Community Conservation Volunteer at Manas National Park, Assam, India, WWF India, New Delhi